This archive is the work of past and present members of Carsphairn Heritage Group (SCO007408) and Carsphairn Heritage Initiative (SC049987), which we converted to in February 2020.
Volunteers have worked for over 30 years to gather a collection of artefacts, documents, slides and photos relevant to Carsphairn and the local area, and to interpret these items for visitors to Carsphairn Heritage Centre.
We curated an annual exhibition and published quarterly newsletters, leaflets of local heritage walks, cook books and collections of poetry. We are now in the process of making our collection available to as many people as possible via this online archive.
We are indebted to the people who have made donations to us over the years. We have used a code from our original inventory to identify these donations. If you would like us to acknowledge your contribution by name, please let us know; we'd be delighted to hear from you!
Many people have worked on Heritage resources over the years, creating original work and compiling archives. We have credited the creators wherever we can. If you'd like us to acknowledge your work and we have missed you out, please get in touch.
You are free to use our archive under a Creative Commons License (CC BY-NC) unless copyright has been retained by the donor. This is clearly marked under Rights on the item in question.
Where copyright has not been retained, this means you can:
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
Under the following terms:
Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
- No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
Every effort has been made to follow best copyright practice following guidance from the National Archives.
If you would like us to amend the copyright information for your work, or to remove items for which you hold the copyright, please email us using the address below.
This archive was made possible by:
Phases 1 & 2
- Funding provided by the Heritage Lottery Fund with the assistance of Dumfries and Galloway Council, under their Galloway Glens Landscape Partnership 'Our Heritage' Small Grants Scheme
- The support of Carsphairn Community Council, who allow us space on their website.
- Our wonderful volunteer scanners, photographers, archivists, uploaders and transcribers without whose help none of this would have been possible - thank you!
If you'd like to help with our digitisation process or would like to access the archive as a researcher, please email us!